Tuesday, December 9, 2008

People are strange............ Say hello at least.

I am not enjoying my job very much mostly because of the people i work with. I confided in my friend Jordan who, works for a pretty big company. I was telling him that no one in my area really talk to each other when they walk by. I work closely with a group of 20 people. He stated that he thought that that was very strange. When i first started. My colleagues and i would just walk past each other and said nothing i found this lack of acknowledgement or lack of manners per say very uncomfortable. So i stared saying hi to people, they now always say hi to me. if i already say hi, i make a goofy face or talk to them or acknowledge them. Also my colleagues seem to not want to work or help each other which i kind appalling. i am all about the teamwork and in my area i have none. So hopefully i can transfer out of the area by next Christmas. anyway. I thought i would write about this because it disturbs me. I have worked for this company for a year, it was kind of an after college dream, now it is a tainted dream. I have always made friends with people i work with. Here i have none. I get asked to lunch once in a great while and have never been asked to go to non-work related activities. I'm working on my shyness so i try to talk and be social as much as possible. But it is getting real old initiating conversation. Today i did a little test on my colleagues and didn't initiate conversation, (just saying hi) only a couple out of 20 talked to me. I have a reputation of having a good attitude. So i think i would be approachable. So my goal is to learn my job and do it to the best or your ability( as i always do) be my friendly self try not to be shy and the go back to school so i can move on with my life. If anyone reads this. Do you have this problem?

1 comment:

*** said...

We are in this life to give, not to take...

There is something we can learn from every situation. There is a perfect lesson, although we can't always see it when we are in the middle of it. Further, as with work, and my experience being in less than desirable places - where I did not feel I 'fit'. When I was able to accept my co-workers and fully appreciate what was good in my job and relationship with others - working each day to reduce the negativity I was surrounded by and returning good vibes (as you do) and spending time in meditation in search of a new direction...I was eventually released from the situation (job)... I mean, something else showed up for me. Change is not often easy... my shift from the job I describe was not magical. But after the dust settled, I ended up with more than I ever imagined I could have.

From your wisdom: Sugilite attracts healing power to you. It teaches you to forgive yourself and others in this life and it also helps you see the reasons/lessons you are in this life to learn. It can help you lose all of the negative emotions in your life.